EVERY Child is a WINNER!
|Our culture has created a "win at all cost mentality" - the most points, the most trophies, the most championships generally define a winner. Upward defines winning as learning and/or teaching lessons in the game of life. Parents, coaches and officials play a vital role in building the self-esteem and character of every child in this league. Players will look to their parents, coaches, and officials as models for sportsmanship, respect for authority, and positive attitudes. Together we can provide a lasting effect in these children that will last long after the end of the season.|
Upward promotes Character and Self esteem in Every Child by:
· Providing an evaluation system that promotes equal teams and opportunities
· Establishing a one hour practice and one hour game each week
· Implementing a substitution system for each team, allowing EVERY child EQUAL playing time
· Creating the opportunity to learn the skills of the game
· Awarding special recognition awards after every game
· Special player and team announcements at every game
· Awarding EACH child an end of season award / gift
Each Child MUST attend an evaluation / uniform sizing session. Times and locations vary for each program, please check with the program of your choice.